WSU Libraries new shared library management service. With Search IT patrons can now use a single search box to find journals, books, and digitized collections. They can also access some 9 million titles and 26 million resources from 36 other higher education institutions. Search IT replaces Griffin and WSU WorldCat.
Search It FAQ
Plant Pathology Indexes, Abstracts, and other Databases
- AGRICOLA Covers publications and resources encompassing all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines including: animal and veterinary sciences, entomology, plant sciences, forestry, aquaculture, economics, education, food and human nutrition, and earth and environmental sciences. AGRICOLA is produced by the National Agricultural Library. This database includes selected materials dating back to the 17th century but full coverage starts in 1970.
- AGRIS (1975-present): A database to the scientific literature of Agriculture produced by the FAO. It is searcheable in English, French or Spanish.
- BIOSIS Previews (1969-present): Covers literature in all areas of biology and related disciplines. To review biological literature published before 1969 consult Biological Abstracts located on the first floor of Owen Library from 1927 to 1995.
- CAB Abstracts (1910-present): CAB provides citations with abstracts to agricultural literature including: agronomy, crop protection, dairy science, economics, environmental sciences, genetics, irrigation, recreation and tourism, microbiology, rural development, and veterinary medicine.
- Dissertations & Theses (coverage varies): Database of more than two million dissertations and selected theses. More recent dissertations and theses (published from the 1980s to the present) include abstracts. A select few titles include free, twenty-four page previews. Complete dissertations and theses are not available, and must be purchased.
- IMI Descriptions of Fungi and Bacteria Available online courtesy of the WSU Libraries and in the Fischer Library QR145.C6
- Springer Protocols is a database of reproducible laboratory protocols in the Life and Biomedical Sciences. Compiling protocols from Humana�s successful book series Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Neuromethods, as well as from a vast number of Laboratory Handbooks, such as The Biomethods Handbook, The Proteomics Handbook, and the Springer Laboratory Manuals, Springer Protocols offers researchers access to nearly thirty years worth of time tested, easily reproducible, step-by-step protocols for immediate use in their lab.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Patent Database: Covers United States Utility, Design and Plant Patents. Contents include images for patents from 1790 to the present.
- Web of Science (1980-present): The web version of the Science Citation Index, Web of Science covers journals in Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine. Web of Sciences allows users to see how often an article was cited and view those citations, view the citations the author used, and search by citation. To review scientific literature published before 1980 consult the Science Citation Index located on the first floor of the Owen Library, A&I East-Alcove Z7401 .S365.
- World Intellectual Property Office patent database: This site also provides access to other intellectual property data collections hosted by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Agriculture & Instruction Librarian
127 Owen Science & Engineering Library