Mechanical and Materials Engineering
The Owen library contains many resources for students and faculty interested in Mechanical and Materials Engineering. If you have any questions not answered on the WSU Libraries website or would like to request a book or journal on any subject related to materials or mechanical engineering, please contact Eileen Brady. For questions concerning WSU's academic programs, please visit School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering.
Find a Book or Compilation
- Find a book here at WSU.
- Find/borrow a book from nearby schools.
- Borrow a book from anywhere in the world.
- Request that we buy a book for the WSU libraries. Don't forget your WSU contact information.
- Come by and browse the shelves! Here are the call numbers where you can find most Engineering resources.
Find an Article or Conference Presentation
- f you know the title of the journal, magazine, etc. the article is published in, look for the title at WSU.
- If you need articles, but don't know where to begin, WSU pays for some resources to help:
- Go to the WSU Libraries' Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science resoure lists.
- To search within any one of these, click on the name and it'll take you to that database.
- For more information about what's in a database, click on the to the right of the name.
- Watch for the button: Click on this button and the computer will open a new window where you can see if we have an article electronically, check the catalog for it, or borrow it from another library.
Find a Dissertation
- An international database of dissertations.
- An up-to-date list of WSU dissertations housed in the WSU Libraries.
- A list of WSU dissertations available digitally. Some are full text, others may have to be ordered.
Find a Standard
- Helpful information on finding standards.
- Annual Book of ASTM Standards. Print only located on the 6th floor in the Owen Science and Engineering Library. The index is located in the reference collection on the first floor.
- IEEE Standards
- International Telecommnunications Union
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Physical Reference Data, NIST
Find a Patent
- Helpful information on patent searching.
- Search for a U.S. Patent.
- Try Google Patents if you need full text patent searching before 1975.
- Search for a European patents
Find a Technical Report:
- Think U.S. Government documents: