The WSU Liaison Librarian Program
The Liaison Libarian program connects students and faculty with a librarian designated to serve the reference, library instruction, and research needs of each academic department at Washington State University.
Liaison Librarians are eager to share their love of research with your students and look forward to collaborative teaching opportunities.
- Serve as a channel between the library and your department
- Provide news and updates on library services, events, resources and policies
- Represent your concerns and interests to the libraries
- Introduce you to specific services, including:
- Provide course-based online library guides to identify resources for your classes
- Provide course-based library instruction sessions to address course-specific learning outcomes
- Participate in a research discussion thread on your coursespace
- Hold virtual "office hours" for your online course in order to answer reference questions.
- Develop a library collection to meet the teaching, research, and learning needs of the university
- Assist in incorporating information literacy skills into your curriculum
- Assist with assignment design to address information literacy goals and learning outcomes
- Assist in identifying and accessing resources for your research
- Provide one-on-one consultation
Find a Librarian
Click the link below to access a list of liaison librarians and the WSU Pullman/WSU Spokane academic departments they work with - you can use this list to contaact a librarian directly, or to request that the Libraries purchase something for the Libraries' permanent collection.