Civil and Environmental Engineering
The Owen Science and Engineering Library contains many resources for students and faculty interested in Civil and Environmental Engineering. If you have any questions not answered on the WSU Libraries website or would like to request a book or journal on any subject related to Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, please contact Betty Galbraith. For questions concerning the Civil and Environmental Engineering programs, please visit the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
Find a Book or Compilation:
- Find a book from here at WSU
- Find/borrow a book from WSU, nearby schools and the world using WorldCat
- Borrow a book from anywhere in the world using InterLibray Loan
- Request that we buy a book for the WSU library (don't forget your WSU contact info!).
- Come by and browse the shelves! Here are the call numbers where you can find most biology topics on the 5th floor of the Owen Science and Engineering Library.
Find an Article or Conference Presentation:
- For known items, look for the journal title in our Library Catalog to see if we own the issue that you need.
- If you need to find articles on a subject, but don't know where to begin, there are a largenumber of places to search. WSU pays for some resources to help:
- Go to the WSU Libraries' databases of Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering journal articles.
- To search within any one of these, click on the name and it'll take you to that database.
- When you find an article, watch for the button:
- Click on this button and the computer will open a new window where you can see if we have an article electronically, check the catalog for it, or borrow it from another library.
Find an Open Access Scholarly Journal Article:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Open Access Journals Search Engine (OAJSE)
- BioOne: A collection of high impact journals produced by scholarly societies.
Find a Dissertation:
- An international database of dissertations.
- An up-to-date list of WSU dissertations housed in the WSU Libraries.
- Search for WSU dissertations.
Find a Standard:
- Helpful information on finding standards.
- ASTM Standards and Engineering Digital Library (SEDL)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- NIST Data Gateway
- NIST Standards
Find a Protocol:
Find a Patent:
- Helpful information on patent searching.
- Search for a U.S. Patent.
- Google Patents if you need full text patent searching before 1975.
- Search for a European patent
- Finding Patents with the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO)
Find a Technical Report:
- Think U.S. Government documents:
- NTIS: the National Technical Information Service
- SciTech Connect
- Science Accelerator: Searches science, including R&D results, project descriptions, and more, via resources made available by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI), U.S. Department of Energy.
- USA.gov: U.S. government's official web portal
- Or even science.gov: Technical reports, journal citations, databases, Federal web sites from 14 scientific and technical information organizations
Find an Institutional Repository:
Gathering Statistical Resoures:
- Follow these links to find information compiled by Marilyn Von Seggern on gathering statistical data:
- World Wide Science Portal
- General Engineering
- DOE Information Bridge: Department of Energy scientific and technical information electronically available to public.
- Intute: Science, Engineering, and Technology: web resources
- TechXtra: searches full-text of electronic engineering journals
- Idaho National Laboratory
- SciTech Connect
- BISON USGS
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Science Librarian and Instruction Coordinator
Office: Owen Library 119
Phone: (509) 335-7930
Fax: (509) 335-2534
Owen Library 119
Washington State University
Pullman WA 99164-3200.