To find the full-text of the references found in the databases listed below use the FindIT button The FindIT service will provide you with a menu of options to retrieve articles, such as downloading article online and interlibrary loans
- Dissertations & Theses
(coverage varies): Database of more than two million dissertations and selected theses. More recent dissertations and theses (published from the 1980s to the present) include abstracts. A select few titles include free, twenty-four page previews. Complete dissertations and theses are not available, and must be purchased.
- EI CompendexWeb
EI CompendexWeb: is an interdisciplinary engineering database with 7.5 million records referencing 5,000 engineering journals and conference materials dating from 1969 to the present
- SciFinder Scholar (Web Version) for Registered Users
For more information see the box below
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Patent Database:
Covers United States Utility, Design and Plant Patents. Contents include images for patents from 1790 to the present.
- Web of Science
(1980-present): The web version of the Science Citation Index, Web of Science covers journals in Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine. Web of Sciences allows users to see how often an article was cited and view those citations, view the citations the author used, and search by citation. To review scientific literature published before 1980 consult the Science Citation Index located on the first floor of the Owen Library.
- World Intellectual Property Office patent database:
This site also provides access to other intellectual property data collections hosted by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Scifinder Scholar registration:The web version requires individual registration. Until the Spring of 2011 most public computers in the libraries have the legacy client version of Scifinder installed on them. If you have problems with the individual registration, please see the libraries' Scifinder Scholar troubleshooting guide.
- SciFinder Scholar (Web Version) for Registered Users:
Scifinder Scholar is the premier database for journal and patent literature covering chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science and biomedical sciences.
Scfinder Scholar includes the following databases:
- Chemical Abstracts (1907-present): Covers international journals, patents, technical reports, books, conference proceedings, and dissertations from all areas of chemistry and related sciences. This database also allows for citing and cited reference searches.
- Chemical Abstracts Registry Database: A chemical dictionary and structure database that contains unique substance records produced as new substances and are identified by the Chemical Abstracts Service(CAS) Registry System.
- CASREACT: A chemical reaction database with information derived from documents covered in the Organic Sections of Chemical Abstracts journals. The document-based file contains both single-step and multistep reactions, and CA Abstract Number is the Accession Number in the file.
- Chemcats (Chemical Catalogs Online): A catalog file that contains listings of companies that sell chemicals worldwide.
- Chemlist (Regulated Chemicals Listing) (1979-present): Contains chemical substances on national and transnational inventories.