Tax, Accounting and Payroll Sites Directory. Includes links to state tax agencies.
What I Can Do for You
For students, I can:
- Recommend the best business databases to search for your research topic
- Answer your questions via email, phone or in-person
- Meet with you individually or in groups to hash out your topic or discuss business research strategies
- Tell you about library services
For faculty, I can:
- Track down tricky citations
- Introduce your students to research tools and strategies via a workshop
- Create a webpage tailored to your class assignment
- Discuss ways to best incorporate research skills and library materials into your class assignments
- Meet with your students individually or in groups
- Purchase books and other material needed for your research
- Tell you about new library services
- Communicate the department's concerns and information needs on to others in the Libraries
Databases, Indexes, Specialized Resources
CCH Tax Research. Provides comprehensive and up-to-date tax information, covering federal, state, and local primary source material; also includes CCH's explanations, analysis and practice aids.
Checkpoint. Provides comprehensive and up-to-date federal tax information including primary source material analysis and commentary, plus full-text tax journals, from Thomson Reuters.
Business Source Complete. Provides bibliographic and full text content to scholarly journals and periodicals in all areas of business, including accounting, auditing, and taxation.
Electronic Reference Books
Dictionary of Accounting. Provides straightforward definitions of the latest financial jargon along with comprehensive coverage of financial accounting, financial reporting, management accounting, direct and indirect taxation, corporate finance, and auditing. Coverage is international.
Dictionary of Accounting Terms. Provides clear, concise definitions for over 2,500 terms in accounting.
Blackwell Encyclopedic Dictionary of Accounting. Provides encyclopedia length articles on terms and concepts in accounting.
Oxford Handbooks Online. Business and Management. Handbooks discuss research and the latest thinking in a range of major topics in business and management; essays are written by leading scholars in the field.
Print Reference Books
AICPA Audit and Accounting manual. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5667 .A554
GAAS Guide. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5667 .M514
Accountants' Handbook. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5621 .A22 2007
Accounting Handbook. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5635 .S586 2006
Accounting Reference Desktop. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5657.4 .B7195 2002
Transnational Accounting. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5626 .T72 2001
Encyclopedia of Accounting Systems. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5635 .E54 1994
Auditor's Dictionary: Terms, Concepts, Processes, and Regulations. Holland and Terrell Reference HF5667 .O6728 2004
Index to Federal Tax Articles. Holland and Terrell Reference KF6271 .G64
J. K. Lasser's Your Income Tax. Holland and Terrell Reference Desk HJ4652 .J2
Business and Economics Librarian
Summer Schedule: No regular reference desk or office hours. Please contact for appointment or send email.
Terrell Library 120E
Office Phone: 509-335-8740
Skype Name mary.gilles47
WSU Libraries new shared library management service. With Search IT patrons can now use a single search box to find journals, books, articles, and digitized collections. They can also access some 9 million titles and 26 million resources from 36 other higher education institutions. Search IT replaces Griffin and WSU WorldCat.